Situated on the top floor of the Core building, with an outside terrace too, the Core Café serves a range of vegetarian and vegan dishes, soup, Eden-made sandwiches, freshly filled wraps, cakes, and hot and cold drinks.
- Spinach, chickpea and sweet potato pastry roll with turmeric, ginger and nutmeg in a light puff pastry: £6.50
- Courgette, pea and tofu fritters with a green harissa mayonnaise: £6.50
- Char-grilled chestnut mushroom, jackfruit and tempeh skewers with a maple and miso glaze, parsley and basil: £6.95
- Griddled sweetcorn ribs with a mango and panela BBQ sauce: £6.50
Mixed salad plate
A mixed plate of delicious Eden made salads
- Roasted cauliflower salad with pomegranate and a lemon tahini dressing: £6.95
- Mixed bean salad with toasted seeds, watermelon and vegan feta cheese: £6.95
- Leaf and kimchi salad with baby gem lettuce, spinach and kimchi: £6.95
Or simply add one of these salads to your main dish: £3
- Skewers of cherry tomatoes and mini mozzarella balls with warmed pitta bread, fresh pineapple and hummus, £4.75
- Mini spinach, chickpea and sweet potato pastry roll with turmeric, ginger and nutmeg in a light puff pastry, £4.75
- Courgette, pea and tofu fritters with a lemon mayonnaise, £4.75
The Invisible World of Food
Take a well-earned break in our newly-refurbished Core Café. Whilst you're there, discover more about the Invisible World of Food, and find out how microbes have contributed to our food, crops and health in the past, present and future.
Microbes grow, ferment, flavour and help digest our food. Sauerkraut, kombucha, kimchi, kefir, miso and soy sauce are all fermented by microbes. Without microbes, there would also be no cheese, yoghurt, bread, beer, salami, chocolate, coffee, wine or sake. Within us, right now, microbes are helping to digest our food. No microbes, no food.
Sourcing and recycling
We’re proud that over 80% of the money we spend on catering suppliers is spent on businesses in Cornwall and Devon. We use only Cornish meat, dairy and eggs in our on-site cafés – as well as Cornish salad leaves, when they are in season. Find out about our sourcing.
We recycle a lot of our food waste in a huge composter that transforms it into a nitrogen-rich soil enhancer for our gardens.