Win a holiday to Costa Rica
As part of our partnership with the Costa Rica Tourism Board, we’re offering one lucky winner and their family the chance to win a nine-day holiday to Costa Rica, courtesy of specialist tour operator Journey Latin America, including direct flights on British Airways. This competition is now closed.
Fabulous holiday prize
This nine-day Costa Rican adventure for four includes return flights and transfers, accommodation, and guided excursions. You'll get to visit the country’s cosmopolitan capital of San José, as well as spend time exploring Arenal National Park, home to the magnificent Arenal Volcano, and Manuel Antonio National Park, celebrated for its huge range of birds and animals, and rainforest-backed tropical beaches. See the full itinerary.
How to enter
To enter, simply complete the form below. See full terms and conditions below.
Closing date 11.59pm on Thursday 26 September 2019. This competition is now closed.
Plan your trip with the Costa Rica Tourism Board
Costa Rica was one of the Guardians of the Future ‘heroes’ featured in our immersive Earth Story exhibition this summer, in partnership with the Costa Rica Tourism Board.
Over the past 30 years it has acted as a pioneer in the protection and regeneration of its natural resources, and has demonstrated that it is possible to reverse ecological loss to the benefit of its people.
The protection of Costa Rica’s wildlife and diverse natural environment is at the heart of the country’s pioneering model for sustainable tourism.
Discover Costa Rica with Journey Latin America
Journey Latin America is the UK’s number one specialist in travel to Latin America. For 40 years it has been creating award-winning imaginative holidays to all of Central and South America as well as Antarctica, from suggested tailor-made holidays to small escorted group tours.
Journey Latin America currently supports The LATA Foundation, a UK-based charity that supports grassroots social and environmental projects throughout Latin America, including Abriendo Mentes (Opening Minds) in Costa Rica. This carefully chosen project provides children and adults with the opportunity to learn skills that will increase their chances of obtaining jobs within the local tourism industry, including English lessons and computer skills.
Get there with British Airways
British Airways is the largest international carrier in the United Kingdom and one of the world’s leading global premium airlines. British Airways offers two weekly direct flights from London Gatwick to Costa Rica’s capital San José, giving quick and easy access to one of the most bio diverse countries on the planet.
Terms and conditions
- There is one prize of a nine-day holiday (UK-UK) for four people in Costa Rica, including one night in San José, three nights in Arenal and three nights in Manuel Antonio occupying two rooms in mid-range hotels on a B&B basis, transfers in Costa Rica, international flights to and from the UK in economy class, and two half-day shared excursions to Arenal and Manuel Antonio National Parks.
- Journey Latin America cannot guarantee that the winner and their family will be accommodated in adjoining rooms, we therefore recommend travelling with age appropriate children unless the winner is happy to be accomodated in one family room (subject to availability) and the value is not greater than the prize offered.
- The prize does NOT include transfers to the airport in the UK, any meals other than those stated or spending money. Inoculations, visas, tips and adequate travel insurance are the responsibility of the winner and are not covered by the prize.
- The winner must book their travel by 31 October 2019 and complete all travel between 1 January 2020 – 30 June 2020. Dates are subject to availability. Alternative travel dates are not available.
- Once the trip is booked and confirmed, any amendments to the booking will be at the winner’s cost.
- Entrants must be UK residents aged 18 years or over and in possession of a full UK passport.
- Employees of Journey Latin America, Eden Project, Costa Rica Tourism or British Airways or their families or any agencies or persons connected with this competition may not enter.
- The winners may be required to submit valid identification before receiving their prize.
- Journey Latin America will not accept any liability for any loss or damages suffered whilst on this trip. Journey Latin America’s standard terms and conditions of travel apply and can be found at www.journeylatinamerica.co.uk
- Only one entry per person.
- No purchase necessary. All data collected will be pooled for the prize draw. Incomplete entries will not be included. It is the entrants' responsibility to complete the entry form in full. The promoter is not responsible for any technical issues (or other) which impede an entrants' entry being submitted correctly and/or in full. The promoter is not responsible for any changes in email, mailing address and /or telephone numbers provided at time of entering the prize draw. The promoter is in no way liable for the reproduction or indirect access via third party web site or home page access which reproduction misstates or omits any of the information or terms and conditions connected with the promotion.
- The prizes must be accepted as offered. There is no cash or other alternative. The promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize with one of an equivalent or greater value. The prize is non-transferable.
- Closing date of competition is 11.59pm GMT on Thursday 26 September 2019. Any entries received outside these times and dates will not be accepted.
- The competition prize draw will take place during on Friday 27 September 2019. The winner will be chosen at random by an independent judge from entries made via the online entry form. The judge’s decision is final, and no further correspondence will be entered into. Once notified (via the email address supplied at point of entry), the winner will have seven days to reply with acceptance of their prize. Should the selected winner not reply within seven days of being notified, then it will be deemed that the prize winner has forfeited their prize, and a re-draw will take place. Same rules will apply for the re-drawn winner (should this scenario occur). If after seven days there has been no acceptance notification received, then the prize will be cancelled. The prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the prize as stated. The winner will be liable for all costs and expenses not stated relating to claiming or partaking of the prize.
- The promoter reserves the right to cancel this competition, or to change any condition of this competition, without notice. The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the terms of this prize and without notice in the unlikely event of a major catastrophe, war, earthquake or any actual, anticipated or alleged breach of any applicable law or regulation or any similar event or if circumstances arise outside of its control, or if the winner does not comply with any of these terms and conditions.
- The Promoter nor any other person or party associated with this promotion shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever suffered (including, but not limited to, indirect or consequential loss or damage) disappointment or personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with either participation in this promotion or with any prizes offered, nor for any loss arising out of any failure of any third party to fulfil its contractual obligations in connection with this promotion.
- The winner may be required to take part in reasonable publicity as specified by the Promoter. By entering this promotion and ticking to accept the competition terms and conditions, you accept Journey Latin America and the Eden Project may use your name for their promotional and publicity purposes, without the payment of any fee, nor the requirement for prior notification or permissions. You also accept that by ticking the opt in box, that you will automatically be subscribed to future communications by the promoter and individual prize partners however you may unsubscribe from each company's communications at any time.
- The Promoter cannot be held liable for IT system failures or delays or loss of entries.
- This promotion is operated under the rules and regulations of the UK sales.
- Entrants agree to be bound by all entry instructions of which these terms and conditions from a part.
- The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Promoter is Eden Project, PL24 2SG.