Festival of Christmas
Join us this festive season as music fills the air and wintery wonders await.
We’re open every day of the holidays except for Christmas Day, and we stay open late on selected evenings.
Festival of Christmas highlights
- Be entertained by a glittering chorus of some of Cornwall’s finest musicians; a cast of 21 will be playing festive sets in the magical Mediterranean Biome.
- Wander through our beautifully lit site after dark, through a spectacular Avenue of Lights to the Biomes, where giant willow lanterns, modelled on our planet’s most precious creatures, light up the night.
- Marvel at artist Luke Jerram’s hauntingly beautiful work Gaia Earth, suspended in the Mediterranean Biome.
- Enjoy a glass of mulled wine around a giant Christmas tree, where a brass band plays seasonal favourites.
- Take a spin on our ice rink, or meet Father Christmas and his elves in their cosy grotto.*
- Exchange your Yuletide woollens for something new in our Christmas Jumper Swap Shop, or make a pledge to the planet in our comical family photobooth.
- Plus, listen to unique Yuletide tales, catch a performing cast of Christmas characters who pop up across Eden, take part in craft workshops, or do a spot of Christmas shopping at our gift shop.
*additional cost applies.
Plan your visit to the Festival of Christmas
All Festival of Christmas activities, with the exception of Father Christmas and ice skating, are included in Eden admission. Choose from several options:
The Festival of Christmas takes place from 30 November until 30 December 2019. We’re open every day of the holidays except for Christmas Day, and we stay open late on selected evenings. Visit our opening times page for full details.
The event runs all day every day, but if you're planning your visit here are details on individual timed activities:
Christmas concerts take place at 5pm, 6pm and 7pm in the Mediterranean Biome. The brass band will play at 5.30pm, 6.30pm and 7.30pm outside in our gardens.
Christmas Jumper Swap Shop
Our Christmas Jumper Swap Shop launches on 23 November – one week ahead of our main Christmas programme – and then continues on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays from 23 November to 17 December, then daily from 18-24 December and 27-30 December. Bring along your unwanted seasonal sweaters and exchange them for something new to you.
Gaia will be suspended in the Mediterranean Biome until 5 January 2020.
We'll include more information on timings soon...
Father Christmas sessions are bookable and take place during the day and some early evenings during weekends from November 30 to December 15. From December 18 to Christmas Eve there are sessions every day.
Find out more about when you can skate, including details of special sessions for different ages, on our ice skating page.
Relaxed sessions (for Father Christmas)
Our relaxed sessions are designed to welcome visitors who may benefit from a more informal experience, such as those with autism and sensory or communication needs. They'll take place on a number of dates before Eden opens to the public in the morning.
There is no additional cost to attend a relaxed session, but you'll need to book your place in advance. Find out more.