Community Days: free entry offer
- Limited number of free tickets available
- For various groups and businesses in Cornwall and Devon, plus their families
- Selected dates in winter 2020/21
This winter we're offering a number of free admission tickets to communities in Cornwall and Devon on certain dates this season, including residents in St Austell and Bodmin, NHS and care workers, teachers, armed forces, charity staff and volunteers, and many more…
This year individuals will need to book their free entry online.
To say thank you for the invaluable support of our local friends and business colleagues in Cornwall and Devon, we invite a range of groups to come and enjoy the Eden Project for free each winter on certain dates. You can see the full list below.
Timed entry tickets for 7-10 December for NHS staff, care professionals and 'Blue Light' workers are now available to book (see below), and tickets for further days will be available to book in due course.
How it works
Our visitor capacity is currently much reduced compared with previous years, so please note that free tickets are limited this year.
In line with our new ticketing policy, individuals must now book their free tickets online.
Each ticket entitles the individual to free entry to the Eden Project for them and their immediate family for the day (that’s a maximum of one extra adult and two children aged 16 and under). Please book for all members of your family, including children and personal assistants (for those with a disability).
Then simply bring the relevant ID with you when you arrive.
There is also the option to:
- skate on our ice rink (additional cost applies – please book online*)
- upgrade to a Locals’ Pass, allowing you free entry until the end of December 2021
Book for 7-10 December
Tickets are now available to book for NHS staff, care professionals and 'Blue Light' workers for these dates.
|DATE||ELIGIBLE GROUPS IN CORNWALL AND DEVON||ID / ELIGIBILITY|
|7-10 December 2020||NHS staff, care professionals, 'Blue Light' workers||See note 2|
|9-10 January 2021||Teachers, teaching assistants, school/college/uni staff, and home educators||See note 4|
|16-17 January 2021||St Austell residents (postcodes PL24, PL25, and PL26)||See note 3|
|Bodmin residents (postcodes PL30 and PL31)||See note 3|
|23-24 January 2021||NHS staff, care professionals, 'Blue Light' workers||See note 2|
|30-31 January 2021||Armed Forces employees and veterans||See note 6|
|RNLI employees||See note 1|
|Charity staff and volunteers||See note 5|
|Cornwall and Devon council employees||See note 7|
Eligibility and identification
Here's more details on who's eligible, where relevant, and which form of identification to bring.
- Proof of employment (eg payslip or photo ID name badge)
- The following people are eligible: 'Blue Light' workers, individuals employed by the NHS, and care industry workers employed within the care industry – for example by the council or a care agency – to provide social care to adults or children in a care home or as domiciliary care. Please bring proof of employment (eg payslip or photo ID name badge)
- Proof of residence and identification (eg photo driving license or passport, plus a utility bill)
- Proof of employment (eg payslip or photo ID name badge) or, for home educators (if possible), a membership card or confirmation letter you home educate.
- Proof of employment (eg payslip or photo ID name badge) or of your voluntary position (eg welcome letter).
- Proof of employment (eg payslip or photo ID name badge) or, if your partner is away on deployment, please bring a Dependents’ Card, Family Card, payslip, or letter from the base where your partner is stationed. For veterans, please bring proof of previous service in the Forces. For Cadets, please bring in your Record of Service book (3822 for Air Cadets, and equivalent for Sea and Army Cadets). For Civilian Instructors please obtain an official letter from your Squadron, and bring this with you.
- Included Cornwall and Devon Councils: Cornwall Council, Devon County Council, East Devon District Council, Exeter City Council, Mid Devon District Council, North Devon District Council, Plymouth City Council, South Hams District Council, Teignbridge District Council, Torbay Council, Torridge District Council, West Devon Borough Council. Please bring proof of employment (eg payslip or photo ID name badge)
*When you book your free ticket to visit you can add a (paid-for) timed ice skating session in the final stage of your booking. You’ll see this option at the bottom of the screen when you’re at the review your basket stage.
Image credit: ©Hufton+Crow