Win a Specialized Roubaix 2020 road bike!
To celebrate the launch of the 2020 Eden Classic, which takes place on 17 May, we've teamed up with Clive Mitchell Cycles to offer one lucky person the chance to win a Specialized Roubaix 2020 road bike worth £2,600.
This competition is now closed.
About the Eden Classic
The Eden Classic sportive is a non-competitive mass participation cycle ride offering three spectacular rides that take in the most scenic parts of the south coast in Cornwall. Find out more about the Classic.
About the competition
Every person who signs up to participate in the Eden Classic event through British Cycling before 9 February 2020 will be given the option to enter the prize draw. There is a tick box at the bottom of the entry form which needs to be marked to ensure you are entered into the draw. Entrants must be 18 or over. See full terms and conditions below. This competition is now closed.
About the prize
One lucky person will win a Specialized Roubaix 2020 road bike that retails at £2,600. The prize is provided by Clive Mitchell Cycles.
When does the early bird competition close?
The early bird competition runs until 9 February 2020. Entries close at midnight on 9 February. You can still register to take part in the Eden Classic event after this date, however you will not be entered into the prize draw.
Terms and conditions
- Offer only valid for people who sign up to the Eden Classic event which takes place on 17 May 2020.
- One entry per person.
- Closing date for early bird sign ups is Midnight (GMT) 9 February 2020.
- Entry is via the British Cycling website
- Entrants must be residents of the United Kingdom, the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man and must be aged 18 or over to qualify.
- Entrants that register for the event but do not select the tick box regading the prize draw at the bottom of the registration form will not be entered.
- Employees of the Eden Project, and Clive Mitchell Cycles are ineligible to enter this promotion. The promoter reserves the right to verify the eligibility of Eligible Participants. No cash or other alternative will be offered to any winner.
- The prize comprises one road bike; Specialized Roubaix 2020 road bike retailing at £2,600. The prize must be collected in person from the Eden Project by 31 May 2020. All other expenses are the responsibility of the prize winner.
- All data collected will be pooled for the prize draw. Incomplete entries will not be included. It is the entrants' responsibility to complete the entry form in full. The promoter is not responsible for any technical issues (or other) which impede an entrant's entry being submitted correctly and/or in full. The promoter is not responsible for any changes in email, mailing address and/or telephone numbers provided at time of entering the prize draw. The promoter is in no way liable for the reproduction or indirect access via a third party website or homepage whose reproduction misstates or omits any of the information or terms and conditions connected with the promotion.
- Following the closing date of the early bird competition, the winner will be chosen at random from all valid entries received. The judge’s decision is final, and no further correspondence will be entered into. Once notified (via the email address supplied at point of entry), the winner will have seven days to reply with acceptance of their prize. Should the selected winner not reply within seven days of being notified, then it will be deemed that the prize winner has forfeited their prize, and a re-draw will take place. The same rules will apply for the re-drawn winner (should this scenario occur). If after seven days there has been no acceptance notification received, then the prize will be cancelled. The prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the prize as stated. The winner will be liable for all costs and expenses not stated relating to claiming or partaking of the prize.
- The promoter reserves the right to cancel this competition, or to change any condition of this competition, without notice. The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the terms of this prize and without notice in the unlikely event of a major catastrophe, war, earthquake or any actual, anticipated or alleged breach of any applicable law or regulation or any similar event or if circumstances arise outside of its control, or if the winner does not comply with any of these terms and conditions.
- The Promoter nor any other person or party associated with this promotion shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever suffered (including, but not limited to, indirect or consequential loss or damage) disappointment or personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with either participation in this promotion or with any prizes offered, nor for any loss arising out of any failure of any third party to fulfil its contractual obligations in connection with this promotion.
- The Promoter cannot be held liable for IT system failures or delays or loss of entries.
- This promotion is operated under the rules and regulations of the UK sales.
- Acceptance of these terms and conditions is a condition of entry.