- Daily departures 21 July – 2 September 2018
- Free with Eden admission
- Open every day from 9.30am (until 8pm Mon – Thur; until 6pm Fri – Sun)
Ever wondered what it would be like to go on holiday to Space? Take the trip of a lifetime to this summer’s number one travel destination.
Plan your trip to Space
This summer we’re inviting you to take the trip of a lifetime on a Mission to Mars aboard a rocket with spectacular views, get top tips on space travel from a lovable extra-terrestrial tour guide, and enjoy a thrilling virtual experience traversing the fiery surface of Venus.
Over the summer you'll get to try your hand at all sorts of extreme activities outdoors, from mini-golf on Mercury to caving on Titan to moon buggy driving. Plus, don’t miss the fabulous new slip ‘n’ slide down the icy slopes of Saturn's moon.
'We spent nine hours with you today and loved every single minute of it.'
Eden Space tourist, summer 2017
'Very interesting, beautiful, gives you a real perspective of what it’s like in space.'
Eden Space tourist, summer 2017
What to see in Space
Mission to Mars
Climb aboard the spaceship and blast off to discover the wonders of the universe, and find out what it’s really like on the Red Planet. See all your favourite landmarks on the way, from the observation deck, as you fly by the moon and the Milky Way. Have your boarding passes ready, the crew are waiting to meet you in the departure lounge!
- Departures to Mars daily from 9.30am (last departure 7.15pm Monday – Thursday; 5.15pm Friday – Sunday)
Alien encounter: meet Mort
Who better to give you the lowdown on space travel than our very own extra-terrestrial friend, travel vlogger Mort, who has journeyed trillions of light years across the universe? Come and meet this friendly alien to find out about his adventure so far, as part of the Intergalactic Travel Awards. Meet our new alien tour guide in one of his YouTube vlogs.
- Mort's show is suitable for all ages and takes place daily, every 15 minutes from 10am (last show 7.30pm Monday – Thursday; 5.30pm Friday – Sunday)
Planet-hopping extreme activities
Discover some out of this world activities and tick them off your bucket list. As you complete them, be sure to collect a stamp in your passport from one of our travel team.
- Mercury mini golf: Try your hand at a round of mini golf, negotiating craters and lava flows as you go.
- Giant glacial slip 'n' slide: Join us for an exhilarating 34-metre run down a slip ‘n’ slide, with a dramatic frozen backdrop (18-metre experience available for younger daredevils).
- Caving on Titan: Tunnel your way through Titan’s rocky chambers in our subterranean caving experience.
- Moon buggy driving: Do you have the skills to get your moon buggy across the lunar landscape? Stop by the Renault Space Driving School to find out, and pick up your Lunar Driving License on completion.
You’ll find all these outdoor activities in the main arena.
Thrilling virtual reality experience on Venus
Take a thrilling trip across the fiery, volcanic surface of Venus with this unique, cutting-edge virtual reality (VR) experience. Wearing a VR headset you’ll take a perilous journey from a base to a rocket ready to take off – exploring caves on the planet’s surface on the way, and traversing a perilous bridge over molten lava flows. Listen out for the sound of bubbling lava and rumbling rockets.
For the tech-savvy amongst you, this bespoke experience has been created for us by Zubr combining Google’s ARCore augmented reality engine with Samsung’s Gear VR headsets, to create a 1:1-tracked real/virtual environment, supplemented by image recognition.
- This all new, bespoke immersive experience, with VR/AR headsets, costs just £5 per person, and you can book your tickets when you arrive, or at points across site. The experience is suitable for anyone aged eight and above. Under 13s require signed parental consent.
- Last VR experience at 7.45pm Monday – Thursday; 5.45pm Friday – Sunday.
Daily live shows and performances for the family
Visit the futuristic-looking Mediterranean Biome to enjoy some fast-paced entertainment in daily live shows for the family. We’ve a great line-up for you from talented performers including CBBC presenters, musicians, authors and, of course, Eden’s very own storytellers.
There'll be live a performance on the hour every hour from 11am until 4pm daily*. See below for details.
The Great Cornish Take-off Part Two: the sequel has landed
Another madcap mission to the Moon performed by the Eden Storytellers at 12pm, 2pm and 4pm*.
Special guest performances
Performed at 11am, 1pm, 3pm*.
23 – 26 July: Gastronaut
A fun show about future foods and cultivating food in space, with Stefan Gates, the presenter of CBBC’s Incredible Edibles.
27 – 30 July: Galactic Classics
Funky brass quintet Big Bang Brass performs space classics like ET and Stars Wars.
31 July – 7 Aug: The Children in the Moon
A beautiful puppet show depicting a story about courage, diversity and discovery, performed by Makeshift Ensemble.
8 Aug – 12 Aug: Exploring Mars
A fun, hands-on science show exploring the Red Planet, from Science Made Simple.
13 Aug – 19 Aug: An Illustrated Guide to Leaving the Planet
TV presenter and author Dallas Campbell presents a packed talk on space travel, past, present and future.
20 Aug – 26 Aug: Rap Science
CBBC favourite Jon Chase presents his rap science show, full of space facts.
27 Aug – 2 Sept: Ensonglopedia of Space
John Hinton takes the audience on a magical musical journey, with a repertoire of science songs all linked to space.
*No 3pm or 4pm performance on 21, 22, 28, 29 July, 4, 11, 17, 18, 24, 25, 26 August, 1 September.
Breath-taking photography exhibition
To get inspiration for your trip to space with us, come and see breath-taking photographic images of planetary landscapes, all set to a special soundtrack by Brian Eno. Artist Michael Benson has created these dramatic photographs with often unseen imagery from robot space missions. Find out more.
Space summer evenings
After a day at the beach, treat the family to an evening trip to Mars. From Mondays to Thursdays we're open until 8pm – including our shop and cafes, for cosmic shopping, delicious meals and alien ice cream. Find out more.
Relaxed sessions for children with special needs
Pre-bookable relaxed sessions are available for children with autism spectrum condition, sensory and communication needs, or learning disabilities, who may benefit from a more informal experience. Sessions are free with Eden admission.
- Relaxed sessions take place 8 – 9.30am, before the site opens to the public, every Friday and Sunday between 27 July and 31 August. Find out about relaxed sessions at Eden.