Instagram and Twitter #edenphotocomp: win a Canon DSLR camera
Instagram or Tweet your photos of the Eden Project with #edenphotocomp to be in with a chance of winning a Canon DSLR camera! This competition is now closed.
Your photo could feature any aspect of Eden. It could show you and your family, or simply a beautiful plant or view you've seen here. Be creative!
This competition is now closed. We will be contacting the winners in October 2019.
About the prizes
One lucky winner will receive a Canon EOS 2000D DSLR camera, with these additional accessories:
- EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II lens
- EF 50mm f/1.8 STM lens
- battery charger
- battery pack.
There will also be two runners-up prizes:
- Canon PowerShot SX740 HS camera
- Canon Zoemini photo printer with 20 sheets of Zink photo paper.
Download wallpaper and desktop backgrounds
Find inspiration for your shots by downloading some of the winning photos from previous years. You can use them as wallpaper for your mobile/tablet or as a desktop background for your laptop/desktop! Download the images here.
Terms and conditions
- This promotion is open to residents of the United Kingdom (England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland) who are 13 years or over, excluding employees and their immediate families of the promoter, their agents or anyone professionally connected with the promotion. Any entrants under 18 years of age must obtain parental consent.
- There will be one competition, starting at 0:00 on Saturday 25 May 2019 and closing at 23:59 on Monday 30 September 2019. Any entries received outside these times and dates will not be accepted.
- How to enter: Internet access and a Twitter and/or Instagram accounts are required to enter. Online entry via Twitter or Instagram only - all participants must have access to the internet and an active Twitter and/or Instagram account. If you do not have a Twitter or Instagram account you will need to create one in order to participate and you will require an active email address in order to do this. See https://support.twitter.com or https://help.instagram.com for support.
- To enter, you can either:
- Tweet your photo that you took at the Eden Project to your followers, including the hashtag #edenphotocomp, and you will be automatically entered into the competition. Do not include @edenproject at the beginning of your Tweet.
- Instagram your photo that you took at the Eden Project to your followers, including the hashtag #edenphotocomp, and you will be automatically entered into the competition. You can choose whether you set your location as ‘Eden Project’ or not.
- By participating in the promotion the entrants licence and grants the promoter and prize provider exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable and sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish and display such content for any purpose in any media, without compensation, restriction on use, attribution or liability. Participants agree not to assert any moral rights in relation to such use where the moral rights in respect of the content are theirs to assert. Participants warrant that the materials contain no copyright materials, are their original works, have not been copied, in whole or in part, from any third party and they have full authority to grant these rights.
- All entries must be made directly by the person entering the promotion. Syndicated entries or those made using methods such as a computer macro, a script or the use of automated devices or processes are not allowed and all such entries will be disqualified.
- The winner’s prize is a Canon EOS 2000D camera kit plus a EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II lens and a EF 50mm f/1.8 STM lens, a strap, battery charger and battery pack. There are two runners-up prizes: a Canon PowerShot SX740 HS camera and a Canon Zoemini photo printer with 20 sheets of Zink photo paper.
- The prizes will be delivered to the chosen postal address of the winner. Eden Project and Canon will not take responsibility for the prize being lost or delayed during delivery.
- Winners will be selected by a panel of judges with at least one independent judge. The criteria for selection will be for creativity and capturing the essence of The Eden Project.
- One overall winner will be picked from all valid entries received and will be notified via Twitter or Instagram within 28 days of the closing date. At the point of winner notification, the winners will be asked to supply a valid email address for the prize to be sent to.
- In the event the claim for the prize is not received by the promoter within 28 days of prize notification, the promoter reserves the right to withdraw prize entitlement and award the prize to a reserve selected at the same time as the original.
- No responsibility can be taken for entries or claims which are lost, delayed, corrupted, damaged, misdirected or incomplete or which cannot be delivered for any technical, delivery or other reason. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt. The promoter does not guarantee continuous uninterrupted or secure access to the website. Numerous factors outside the control of the promoter may interfere with the operation of the website.
- There are no cash or other prize alternatives available in whole or in part except in the event of circumstances beyond its reasonable control. The promoter reserves the right to substitute an alternative of equal or greater value. Unless otherwise agreed in writing by the promoter, the prize will only be awarded directly to the winner.
- In the event of circumstances beyond the reasonable control of the promoter, or otherwise where fraud, abuse, and/or an error (human or computer) affects or could affect the proper operation of this promotion or the awarding of prizes, and only where circumstances make this unavoidable, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the promotion or these terms and conditions, at any stage, but will always endeavour to minimize the effect to participants in order to avoid undue disappointment.
- The name and county of the winner will be available on this page within 3 months of the closing date. By entering this promotion, you consent to the use of this information being used in this manner.
- The winner agrees to reasonable post-event publicity by the promoter with no further recompense.
- Any questions concerning the legal interpretation of these terms & conditions will be based on English law and the Courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction.
- The Promoter reserves the right to verify all entries including but not limited to asking for address and identity details (which they must provide within 14 days) and to refuse to award a prize or withdraw prize entitlement and/or refuse further participation in the promotion and disqualify the participant where there are reasonable grounds to believe there has been a breach of these terms and conditions or any instructions forming part of this promotions entry requirements or otherwise where a participant has gained unfair advantage in participating in the promotion or won using fraudulent means. The Promoter will be the final arbiter in any decisions and these will be binding and no correspondence will be entered into in relation this clause.
- The promoter monitors entrants’ responses to this Promotion and any responses which are, or could be regarded, as being disrespectful towards other members of the Twitter or Instagram communities or which contain anything which is likely to, or could cause offence or distress will be removed from the Promotion. Compliance will be judged on the context, medium, audience, and prevailing standards. The Promoter reserves the right to remove any answers in breach of this term with immediate effect, at its sole discretion.
Promoter: The Eden Project, Bodelva, Cornwall, PL24 2SG, UK