Little Eden for Grandparents
- For grandparents, older carers and under-5s
- Free sessions, no Eden admission ticket required
- Book online for a block of six weekly sessions
An opportunity for grandparents and older carers who regularly look after under-fives to join us for a series of six (free) weekly sessions in Eden’s magical wild perimeters. We are taking bookings for blocks of six sessions, running throughout the autumn.
'My grandchildren have had a fab few weeks... They have had fun with the other children and enjoyed all the activities. [My grandson] especially enjoyed the snails.'
Participant in Par
This programme is designed to help grandparents who regularly look after their under-fives to play and learn together through outdoor games and activities.
As a group we’ll use this outdoor space to help you play, roam and explore together with your grandchildren.
Why join Little Eden for Grandparents?
- To enjoy spending time with your grandchild outdoors and have the chance to meet other grandparents with their grandchildren
- Be inspired by play ideas and outdoor fun, with activities led by our expert team
- Enjoy snacks and a warm drink around the fire
What sort of things we get up to
Each week we meet in beautiful ancient fields and woodland on Eden’s outer estate for an hour and a half, where we’ll get you and your grandchildren involved in games and stories, quests and treasure hunts, making and creating things, and even campfire cooking activities.
'Little Eden was outdoor fun, fantasy and education for my grandson, he had supervision and guidance from the well prepared leaders which enabled me to enjoy the tranquil setting and time to relax with other grandparents. It was a great opportunity to have hands on outdoor fun with Michael and a wonderful jog down memory lane of playing outdoors as a child myself.' Sheila, 61, St Austell
Who it’s for
Little Eden for Grandparents is for children aged 18 months to five years, and their grandparents or older carers, who would benefit from meeting others in the same boat and getting inspirational play and learning ideas to try at home.
Children must be accompanied by their grandparent/carer throughout the session, and two grandparents are welcome to attend together. Children under 18 months of age may accompany a grandparent who is bringing an under-five to participate. There'll be up to 17 children participating in the group.
'It's great fun. We do lots of stuff and make things. We have adventures and do cooking on the camp fire.' Michael, 5, St Austell
When it happens
We are now taking bookings for blocks of six weekly sessions running throughout autumn on Thursdays:
- 13 September – 18 October, 1–2:30pm
Although the term has begun, we are happy to take on new participants, so please do register your interest using the form below.
Where it takes place
The sessions are set at the magical Little Carne Farm, in Eden’s wider estate. We aim to be outside every week unless the weather is dangerously bad – and we have a tent and a portaloo. When we confirm your place we'll send you joining instructions by email.
How to apply to be part of it
We're looking for grandparents or older carers who look after children regularly and who would benefit from meeting others in the same boat and getting inspirational play and learning ideas to try at home.
If that sounds like you, please do get in touch to join us for a block of six weekly sessions running throughout the spring and summer, by using the form below. The sessions are free, thanks to funding from Nesta and DCMS.
How it works
- If you think you could benefit from this programme, get in touch using the form below.
- Our team will be in contact shortly to confirm your start date.
- We'll send joining instructions by email and also post you a welcome pack.
- During the six weeks we'll invite you to take part in a couple of surveys to understand how the programme is benefitting you – as part of our research in how we can best help grandparents.
- When you've attended all six sessions, you may be interested in visiting and take part in our drop-in activities for grandparents using a Locals' Pass or Annual Pass, which means you can visit as many times as you like during the year.
If you have any questions in the meantime, please get in touch with Emma Tolley via email@example.com
If you’re interested in volunteering at Little Eden for Grandparents, we’re particularly looking for those who are aged over 50 and have enthusiasm for learning. Find out more on our volunteers page.