Our summer holidays programme, Earth Story, has come to an end – but if you were inspired by the themes, join us on 20 September for Make the Change, a special one-day event to mark the beginning of a week of global events and action around the UN’s Climate Action Summit.
This summer at Eden, get ready to discover the evolution of life as we know it. Giant beasts, incredible stories, mind-blowing virtual reality, hands-on activities and interactive exhibits will take you on a journey through Earth’s astonishing past, precarious present day – and a future that’s ours to make.
Summer holiday highlights
- Meet our life-like mountain gorilla and hear his incredible story.
- Discover Earth’s most weird and wonderful creatures in our immersive exhibition, including an ice-age mammoth skeleton.
- Clamber through the tunnels and nets of our new Minibeast Mansion, a brilliant new addition to our Outdoor Gardens opening this summer holidays.
- Go on our VR safari and come face-to-face with a giant armadillo and other fantastic beasts from the past.
- Find inspiration in the people and projects working to save wildlife around the world, including our friends from Costa Rica, and see how you can make small changes that will help protect the planet.
- Plus daily storytelling, science workshops, family games, trails and challenges, and much more!
'Amazing installation... was better than any David Attenborough documentary... and lots for small children to do.' TripAdvisor review
Plan your visit to Earth Story
Earth Story takes place from 24 July until 3 September. We're open 9.30am – 6.30pm every day. Visit our opening times page for full details on when our gates open, and on last entry.
The event runs all day every day, but if you're planning your visit here are details on individual timed activites:
Storytelling and live performances
Join the Eden Storytellers in the Mediterranean Biome for a trip to the very unusual Library of Life. The 30-minute live performances will take place at 11.30am, 2pm and 3pm. You can also settle down for a wonderful story from around the world at 12.30pm and 4pm.
Drop-in science workshops
Join real-time experiments and meet the experts who are doing fantastic things to preserve life on Earth, with a rolling programme of workshops and talks in our Lab. See the full schedule and timings.
Meet our mountain gorilla
Come and hear his incredible story of hope and survival, at the Eden Field Base, at 11am, 12.30pm, 2.30pm, 3.30pm and 4.30pm daily.
Virtual reality experience
The Lost Giants Safari VR experience is open 9.45am – 6.15pm. Find out more, including how to get a ticket.
Our relaxed sessions are designed to welcome visitors who may benefit from a more informal experience, such as those with autism and sensory or communication needs. They take place on the following Wednesdays before Eden opens to the public in the morning, 8.30-9.30am:
- 31 July
- 7 August
- 14 August
- 21 August
- 28 August