Passport to the World Facebook competition: Terms and conditions
Win a family ticket to the Eden Project – where you can enjoy our Passport to the World activities during February half-term – and hot chocolate all round, by entering our Facebook competition.
About Passport to the World
Ever fancied visiting far-flung continents to try your hand at new and exotic challenges? Join us in February half-term (Saturday 16 – Sunday 24 February 2019) for the adventure of a lifetime, visiting five continents in one day…
Competition terms and conditions
All entries must be received by midday on Thursday 14 February 2019. Please read the terms and conditions below.
- How to enter: Internet access and Facebook account required to enter. Comment on the competition post (beginning ‘Tell us what favourite part of the world Eden transports you to and why, and you could WIN a family ticket to Eden, and hot chocolate for all....'). You may wish to share the post so your friends and family can also enter, however this is not a necessary requirement.
- Entry is free and no purchase is necessary. One entry per Facebook account only. Automated entries will not be accepted.
- There is one prize which consists of a family ticket (two adults and two children) to the Eden Project, worth £71 and a hot chocolate (or alternative hot drink) for each member of the party.
- The prize does not have to be taken during February half-term, but used within 2019 subject to Eden Project's opening hours.
- The prize is as described and there is no cash alternative. The prize is subject to availability. The prize is non-transferable and non-refundable
- One winner will be picked from all valid entries received and will be notified via Facebook on Friday 15 February 2019. At point of winner notification, the winner will be asked to supply a valid email address for further information to be sent to.
- For the avoidance of doubt, the prize does not include travel/transportation, souvenirs, gratuities, car parking charges, additional excursions and attractions or any other costs of a personal nature (including spending money) that are not explicitly set out in these terms and conditions and neither the Promoter nor any provider of any part of the Prize will be responsible for any such costs.
- The draw will be independently witnessed and the chosen winner will receive the prize as detailed above following the closing date. If the winner cannot be reached, the Eden Project reserves the right to award the prize to a reserve winner drawn.
- The name and county of the winner will be available on this page within three months of the closing date. By entering this promotion, you consent to the use of this information being used in this manner.
- The competition is not open to employees of the Eden Project, their families, agents or anyone professionally connected with the prize draw.
- All entries must be received by midday on Thursday 14 February 2019.
- Entrants must be 18 years of age or over.
- No responsibility can be taken for entries which are lost, delayed, corrupted, damaged, misdirected or incomplete or which cannot be delivered for any technical, delivery or other reason. The promoter does not guarantee continuous uninterrupted or secure access to the website. Numerous factors outside the control of the promoter may interfere with the operation of the website.
- The promoter monitors entrants’ responses to this promotion and any responses which are, or could be regarded, as being disrespectful towards other members of the Facebook community or which contain anything which is likely to, or could cause offence or distress will be removed from the promotion. Compliance will be judged on the context, medium, audience, and prevailing standards. The promoter reserves the right to remove any answers in breach of this term with immediate effect, at its sole discretion.
- The Eden Project reserves the right to cancel the competition at any stage if deemed necessary.
- Entry into this prize draw is taken as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
Promoter: The Eden Project, Bodelva, Cornwall, PL24 2SG, UK