Teacher training and school development
- Training at Eden and in-school workshops
- Focus on outdoor learning
- Suitable for primary and secondary teachers
We offer a range of inspirational training opportunities to enable teachers to become outstanding practitioners of outdoor learning - both in the wonderful surroundings of the Eden Project, or in your own school.
All our teacher training is:
- Empowering. You will leave with pockets filled with imaginative, curriculum-linked, ‘ready to go’ ideas to use in your school grounds.
- Practical and fun. Time spent outside exploring new approaches and creative ideas is balanced with a strong theoretical foundation based on sound research.
- Realistic. We are experienced educators who have worked with many schools; we understand the pressures of teaching. We can help you to meet your targets and get things like health and safety right.
About our in-school training packages
We offer a range of in-school training and development opportunities to support your school in getting pupils outside more for learning and play. There are
- Tailored to your needs and grounds. Whether it’s a staff meeting, a full day or multi-day session, cross-curricular or subject focused, we can design a package tailored to your needs
- Creative and fun. You will be out and about, exploring fresh ideas to enhance your curriculum and make the most of your outdoor spaces.
- Empowering and practical. Our sessions balance time exploring ideas outside with theoretical discussion inside. We can help you to meet your targets, build a ‘whole school’ ambition and get things like health and safety right.
I have learnt how to best use the natural resources available to maximise learning outside.
Teacher, Sir Robert Geffery’s School