SkyWire: England's longest and fastest zip wire
Take an adrenaline-fuelled ride over our Biomes on the SkyWire! It's now open for the 2014 season.
At 660m, SkyWire is still the longest zip wire in England and now it’s definitely the fastest. We've clocked our test pilots going at 60mph! And you can now fly headfirst in our 'superman' harness.
On SkyWire you'll see Eden like you've never seen it before! Safely strapped into your harness, you'll hurtle over our iconic Rainforest and Mediterranean Biome structures and our huge outdoor gardens. On a clear day you'll even see the sea in the distance and the countryside that surrounds Eden.
Tickets and prices
- SkyWire flight: £15
Please note that this price does not include admission to the Eden Project. Also note that you don't need an Eden Project admission to fly on the SkyWire.
Pre-booking is not essential. Simply turn up on the day, at least one hour before the Eden Project’s published closing time (or darkness, whichever is earlier) and we guarantee the ride of your life!
Tickets are non-refundable and normal terms and conditions apply.
Please note that the experience usually takes between 40 minutes and one hour; however, participants who don’t pre-book should expect to be with us for up to two hours during busy periods.
The SkyWire will reopen on Saturday 5 April 2014. It will be open daily from 10am until one hour before the Eden Project closes (this varies - please see Eden opening times here).
Terms and conditions
To use the SkyWire you must agree to our terms and conditions; please read them before buying a ticket.
- You need to be at least 40kg (6st 2lb) in weight and 1m 20cm (3ft 11.5in) in height, and be eight years or older. Maximum weight: 120kg (18st 12lb). All participants will be weighed. The minimum and maximum weights may vary and we reserve the right to change this at our discretion.
- Under-14s must be accompanied by someone who is over 16 on the flight and to Departures (to complete the paperwork) by an over 18. If you are under 18, we require consent from your parent or guardian before you can participate.
- Participants must acknowledge that there is a risk to undertaking this activity, complete the medical questionnaire and confirm they have understood the safety brief before they will be allowed to use the SkyWire.
- The SkyWire is an adventurous activity and, as such, may not be for everyone. You must be relatively fit and healthy to participate. If you suffer from certain medical conditions, or are more than three months pregnant, you may not be able to participate. For full details please see the Risk Acknowledgment and Disclaimer (PDF) or ask a member of the team.
- All participants must agree to follow the instructions of the SkyWire Instructors at all times.
- We reserve the right to refuse entry to anyone deemed unsuitable to fly, including those suspected of being under the influence of alcohol.
- Only participants under the direct supervision of our Instructors will be allowed onto the departures platform. A separate public viewing area is available for friends and family.
Clothing and baggage
- As you are flying over other people you are expected to wear appropriate clothing and sensible footwear: high heels; flip flops and loose shoes are not acceptable.
- You will be required to empty your pockets. We will supply a small, Eden-approved bag for personal items if required (this will be checked by an Instructor). If possible, large luggage should be left in your vehicle or a locker on site. Alternatively it is possible for us to transport your luggage down to the landing; however, you may experience a delay in being able to collect it. We take no responsibility for the safety of any of your valuables or possessions.
- Long hair must be tied back. Glasses must be completely enclosed by the safety goggles provided, or removed.
- Certain jewellery must be taped or removed.
Please see the Risk Acknowledgment and Disclaimer (PDF) for more information.
The above list of terms and conditions is not exhaustive and ultimately your suitability to fly will be determined by our Instructors.
We are trying to make the SkyWire as accessible as possible. Please be aware that it is an adventurous activity and the only way currently to reach the departures platform is by climbing three flights of stairs. We hope to be able to improve this in the near future.
If you have any questions about the SkyWire, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
SkyWire is operated by Hangloose Adventure.