SkyWire: England's longest and fastest zip wire
Take an adrenaline-fuelled ride over our Biomes on the SkyWire! It's open until December 2014. We're also offering night flights on certain evenings throughout November.
At 660m, SkyWire is still the longest zip wire in England and now it’s definitely the fastest. We've clocked our test pilots going at 60mph! And you can now fly headfirst in our 'superman' harness.
On SkyWire you'll see Eden like you've never seen it before! Safely strapped into your harness, you'll hurtle over our iconic Rainforest and Mediterranean Biome structures and our huge outdoor gardens. On a clear day you'll even see the sea in the distance and the countryside that surrounds Eden.
Tickets and prices
- SkyWire flight: £15
Please note that this price does not include admission to the Eden Project. Also note that you don't need an Eden Project admission to fly on the SkyWire.
Opening dates and times
The SkyWire is open every day until 2 November 2014 (end of half-term). It is open during November 2014 at weekends only, before closing for the winter. The SkyWire is open from 10am until one hour before the Eden Project closes (this varies - please see Eden opening times here).
Please note that the experience usually takes between 40 minutes and one hour; however, participants who don’t pre-book should expect to be with us for up to two hours during busy periods.
How to book
For flights up to and including 2 November 2014
You can either book online (and benefit from our buy 5 flights online in one purchase and get 1 free!) or simply turn up on the day, at least one hour before the Eden Project’s published closing time (or darkness, whichever is earlier) and we guarantee the ride of your life!
Tickets are non-refundable and normal terms and conditions apply.
For flights after 2 November 2014
Simply turn up on the day, at least one hour before the Eden Project’s published closing time (or darkness, whichever is earlier) and we guarantee the ride of your life!
Terms and conditions
To use the SkyWire you must agree to our terms and conditions; please read them before buying a ticket.
- Flights take place in groups and commence on the hour. Please arrive in good time. Five minutes before your start time is adequate.
- The number of slots per session is limited. Some slots are available to pre-book online. The remaining slots will be allocated on a first come, first served basis.
- The experience usually takes between 40 minutes and one hour; however, participants who don’t pre-book should expect to be with us for up to 2 hours during busy periods.
- Bookings are non-refundable except in the event of adverse weather conditions such as high winds or thunderstorms. In this case we will contact ticket holders as soon as possible and arrange for another time or a refund.
- Participants must be aged 8 years or older, weigh at least 40kg/ 6st 2lb and be above 1m 20cm in height. Maximum weight 120kg/ 18st 12lb. All participants will be weighed. (Under certain weather conditions the minimum and maximum weights may vary and we reserve the right to change these at our discretion.)
- Under-14s must be accompanied in the flight group by an over-16 for the duration of the experience. Participants aged 14 or over may fly unaccompanied, however all under 18s must have an adult over 18 read and sign their disclaimer on their behalf. For this reason we ask that all flyers under 18 are accompanied to Departures by a parent or guardian.
- Participants must acknowledge that there is a risk to undertaking this activity, complete the medical questionnaire provided and confirm they have understood the safety brief before they will be allowed to use the SkyWire.
- The SkyWire is an adventurous activity and, as such, may not suit everyone. You must be relatively fit and healthy. If you suffer from certain medical conditions, or are more than three months pregnant you may not be able to participate. (For full details please see medical questionnaire or speak to an Instructor.)
- All participants must agree to follow the directions of the SkyWire Instructors at all times. Inappropriate behaviour towards Instructors or other participants will not be tolerated and may result in your flight being cancelled. No refund will be given.
- We reserve the right to refuse entry to anyone deemed unsuitable to fly, including those suspected of being under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Only participants under the direct supervision of SkyWire Instructors will be allowed onto the Departures platform. A separate viewing area is available for friends and family.
Clothing and baggage
- As you are flying above other people, you are expected to wear appropriate clothing and sensible footwear: no high heels, bare feet, flip flops or loose shoes. Hire shoes may be available for an extra charge.
- Long hair must be tied back. Glasses must be completely enclosed by the safety goggles provided or removed. You may be asked to remove or make safe certain items of jewellery.
- You will be required to empty your pockets. We will provide a small, secure bag for personal items if required. If possible, large luggage should be left in your vehicle or in a locker onsite. Alternatively, it is possible for us to transport your luggage to the landing zone; however you may experience a delay in being able to collect it. We accept no responsibility for the safety of your valuables or possessions.
The above list of terms and conditions is not exhaustive and ultimately your suitability to fly will be determined by the SkyWire Instructors.
Please see the Risk Acknowledgment and Disclaimer (PDF) for more information.
We are trying to make the SkyWire as accessible as possible. Please be aware that it is an adventurous activity and the only way currently to reach the departures platform is by climbing three flights of stairs. We hope to be able to improve this in the near future.
If you have any questions about the SkyWire, please email email@example.com.
SkyWire is operated by Hangloose Adventure.