The Core: Eden's education centre
The Core is Eden's innovative education centre: it's a fantastic building full of interactive displays where both children and adults can press buttons, wind handles and peer inside things.
In the daytime visitors can learn about everything from ecosystems and evolution to climate change and plant resources. In the evening the place transforms into an arts venue hosting live acts and DJs throughout the year.
Top 10 things to see in the Core
- The giant nutcracker: wind its handle to learn about energy and processing
- Seed, a 70-tonne granite sculpture seated in the building's inner sanctum
- The Eden Deli, a superfoods cafe open in the summer, with a terrace view of the Biomes
- The 'Making of Eden' film, that explains just how we built this place
- The solar roof panels - spot these from the first-floor courtyard
- Huge ducts outside that collect rainwater from the roof
- The Spiral Garden, planted behind the Core to stimulate all your senses
- Our Plant Engine, showing all the cool things leaves do for us
- The slide, a secret entrance for kids
- Eden's Art Cafe, the Core's alter-ego hosting live evening events