The Core building
- Interactive exhibits for kids and adults
- Huge granite sculpture in the centre
- Allow 1 hour to see everything
Inside this beautiful building based on the structure of a sunflower, you can press buttons, wind handles and peer inside things to learn about everything from ecosystems and evolution to climate change and plant resources.
Top 10 things to see
- The giant nutcracker: wind its handle to learn about energy and processing
- Seed, a 70-tonne granite sculpture seated in the building's inner sanctum
- The Core Cafe a superfoods cafe open in the summer, with a terrace view of the Biomes
- The 'Making of Eden' film, that explains just how we built this place
- The solar roof panels - spot these from the first-floor courtyard
- Huge ducts outside that collect rainwater from the roof
- The Spiral Garden, planted behind the Core to stimulate all your senses
- Our Plant Engine, showing all the cool things leaves do for us
- The slide, a secret entrance for kids
- Soft play area for under-5s.
Find out more about the fascinating architecture of the Core building.