- Largest indoor rainforest in the world
- Over 1,000 varieties of plant
- Allow 1.5 hours to see everything
- Temperature: 18–35°C
Feel the tropical heat in our stunning Rainforest Biome and experience four of the world's rainforest environments: Tropical Islands, Southeast Asia, West Africa and Tropical South America.
With the awe-inspiring domes and enormous trees towering above you, you'll follow the path deep into our vast indoor jungle and find surprises around every corner.
"The Rainforest Biome is a world class entertainment/educational attraction."
Work in the Rainforest Biome
We are currently working on the next phase of our Rainforest Canopy Walkway – The Weather Maker - which will be open in spring 2017. This means that some routes in the Rainforest Biome are affected and some areas are out of bounds for now. There’s still plenty for everyone to explore, including those of you with wheels.
Top 10 things to see
- The Canopy Walkway, where you can take a stunning walk among the treetops.
- The beautiful and unique architecture of the Biome.
- Our Malaysian hut, complete with vegetable plot and paddy field.
- The waterfall, crashing through our South American rainforest.
- The African totem sculpture made from timbers recycled from Falmouth Docks.
- Bananas - spot bunches of them high up in the trees.
- Nuts and spices - meet tasty and surprising plants such as vanilla and cashew.
- Rubber trees, that are used to make everything from car tyres to condoms.
- Cocoa and chocolate - everyone's favourite beans.
- The lovely roul-roul partridges and Sulawesi white-eye birds.
Explore the map