School trips to the Eden Project
A school trip to the Eden Project offers exciting learning opportunities for pupils, with the choice of a specially designed workshop with our Education Team or a teacher-led visit. We welcome groups from Foundation stage right up to A level.
With over 1 million plants, and iconic architecture and art, plus a purpose-built education centre, the Eden Project is the ideal destination for school trips. Over 50,000 students of all ages visit our 'living classroom' every year from across the UK and Europe.
School groups can either attend one of our exciting workshops led by our education officers or visit the Eden Project on an independent teacher-led visit.
Our school workshops are immersive learning journeys exploring particular aspects of Eden. They are specially designed to help teachers meet curriculum targets across a range of subjects, from geography, art and science (biodiversity, biology, botany, conservation, ecology, and horticulture) to architecture and sustainability.
Each workshop includes:
- hands-on curriculum-linked activities, led by an experienced education officer, exploring Eden’s Rainforest Biome, Mediterranean Biome or outdoor gardens
- all equipment needed for the workshop (there is a £10 resources charge per group on a handful of our workshops)
- free teaching resources enabling your class to prepare for the workshop and to follow up on the activity
- free access to the Eden site for the day
- a personal welcome from the Education Team at the entrance
- a base for your bags in our purpose-built education centre The Core
- a space to eat your own lunch or the opportunity to eat in one of our unique cafes
- a free preparatory visit to Eden for teachers wanting to plan their school trip
Cost per pupil: from £5.40
For many schools, independent teacher-led visits are a great way to explore Eden, especially if your time here is short. Find out more about this discounted admission offer and get access to free resources.
Book your trip
All school trips – both workshops and teacher-led visits – must be booked in advance by filling in our online school visit request form (right hand block on this page) or by calling 01726 811913.
You may like to combine it with an adventure activity such as ice skating in the winter.