Food and drink
You'll find fabulous places to eat and drink at Eden. We use local, seasonal or fairly traded products wherever we can.
From plant to plate: our sourcing policy means that the food we serve in our cafes reflects the stories we tell in our exhibits. It is responsibly sourced, fairly traded, single-source, organic, seasonal and/or local and freshly made, often in front your eyes. 80% of our catering food and drink suppliers are from the South West.
We cater for vegetarians, vegans, meat-eaters, gluten-free diets (if you have a specific requirement or allergy, please tell a member of staff).
Don't forget to check out our trail of Eden where you meet plants you eat (PDF).
Eden Kitchen between the Biomes
Throughout the day our chefs are busy creating mouthwatering dishes right in front of your eyes in our Kitchen. Our chefs love to share their dishes and the inspiration behind them, so feel free to chat with them while they work.
- Lunch, from about 12pm:
- chef’s soup of the day, served with Eden-baked bread and butter (gluten-free on request)
- Eden steak and ale pie (gluten-free on request)
- Eden chicken and wild mushroom pie
- Eden mixed bean and cheddar pie (gluten-free on request)
- Cornish ploughman's (gluten-free on request)
- coq au vin (gluten-free on request)
- butternut squash stuffed with ratatouille
- kids lunchboxes with a range of tasty treats.
- Afternoon tea, from 2.30pm until close: stunning homemade cakes, fruit loaves, cream teas and cookies.
Enjoy these delicious thirst-quenching super-juices from our bar near the entrance to the Mediterranean Biome:
- Boost: beetroot, ginger, apple and carrot
- De-stress: orange, sweet potato and apple
- Hydrate: strawberry, grape, watermelon and apple
- Revitalise: spinach, kiwi, ginger, apple and lemon
- Detox: pear, fennel, carrot and lemon
Eden Coffee House in the Visitor Centre
A perfect place to fuel up for your day ahead or to rest before you head home. Open for breakfast until 11am serving muesli, toast, bacon sandwiches and a selection of danish pastries.
Open all day for:
Freshly filled baguettes:
- Cornish Gouda, chutney and rocket
- spicy chicken, mango chutney, rocket and coriander
- houmous, veg and sweet chilli sauce
- Cornish blue cheese, honey, walnut and rocket
- Cornish ham with piccalilli (LF)
Eden Extra-ordinary Pasties:
- classic steak pasty
- spicy three bean pasty
- three cheese pasty
Selection of cakes and sweet treats
Link canopy between Biomes: Eden Extra-ordinary Pasties
- Classic steak pasty
- Spicy three bean pasty
- Three cheese pasty
As you make your way around the rainforest, enjoy a baobab smoothie, baobab rum cocktail or mineral water at the Rum and Baobab Smoothie Bar.
Please ask a member of our team if you have specific dietary requirements - we'll always do our best to help.