Food and drink
You'll find fabulous places to eat and drink at Eden. We use local, seasonal or fairly traded products wherever we can.
From plant to plate: our sourcing policy means that the food we serve in our cafes reflects the stories we tell in our exhibits. It is responsibly sourced, fairly traded, single-source, organic, seasonal and/or local and freshly made, often in front your eyes. We cater for vegetarians, vegans, meat-eaters, gluten-free diets (if you have a specific requirement or allergy, please tell a member of staff).
Don't forget to check out our trail of Eden where you meet plants you eat (PDF).
Places to eat and drink
Join us on our new food adventure at Eden – new ideas, new dishes, new tastes, local, seasonal and straight out of the oven.
Eden Med Terrace
This venue is now closed for refurbishment - we hope to re-open the new restaurant by Easter.
Skateside Bar, Grill and Crêperie
Enjoy delicious burgers, hot dogs and crêpes next to our ice rink. See the full menu here. This venue is only open at the weekends.
Eden Kitchen between the Biomes
Throughout the day our chefs are busy creating mouthwatering dishes right in front of your eyes in our Kitchen. Our chefs love to share their dishes and the inspiration behind them, so feel free to chat with them while they work.
- Breakfast, from 10am: create your own breakfast or brunch with our freshly baked artisan bread, boiled eggs, pastries, croissants and mueslis.
- Lunch, from about 12pm:
- chef’s soup of the day, served with Eden-baked bread and butter
- Cornish smoked fish tart with Cornish Gouda, cream, lemon and dill, served with a crisp seasonal salad and potato, watercress with spring onion salad
- mushroom, baby spinach and stilton puff pastry galette, served with a crisp seasonal salad and potato, watercress with spring onion salad
- ratatouille-stuffed butternut squash with rocket, basil and Cornish rapeseed oil, served with a crisp seasonal salad and potato, watercress with spring onion salad
- West Country steak and ale pie, served with creamy mashed potatoes, minted peas and a rich red wine gravy
- spicy lamb with chickpeas and chorizo pie, served with creamy mashed potatoes, minted peas and a rich red wine gravy
- butternut squash, mixed bean with mature cheddar cheese pie, served with creamy mashed potatoes, minted peas and with a roasted red pepper, tomato and parsley sauce
- kids lunchboxes with a range of tasty treats.
- Afternoon tea, from 2.30pm until close: stunning homemade cakes, fruit loaves, cream teas and cookies.
Eden Coffee House in the Visitor Centre
A perfect place to fuel up for your day ahead or to rest before you head home.
- Breakfast, from 9.30am: enjoy a pastry and a cup of filter coffee or tea.
- Rest of the day: our delicious filter coffee and tea is available alongside a great selection of filled Eden baked baguettes, traditional Cornish pasties, sausage rolls and cakes.
Pick up a tasty pasty, and wash it down with a filter coffee or tea.
As you make your way around the rainforest, enjoy a baobab smoothie or mineral water at the Baobab Smoothie Bar.
Please ask a member of our team if you have specific dietary requirements - we'll always do our best to help.