Food and drink
You'll find fabulous places to eat and drink at Eden. We use local, seasonal or fairly traded products wherever we can.
From plant to plate: our sourcing policy means that the food we serve in our cafes reflects the stories we tell in our exhibits. It is responsibly sourced, fairly traded, single-source, organic, seasonal and/or local and freshly made, often in front your eyes. We cater for vegetarians, vegans, meat-eaters, gluten-free diets (if you have a specific requirement or allergy, please tell a member of staff).
Don't forget to check out our trail of Eden where you meet plants you eat (PDF).
Places to eat and drink
Join us on our new food adventure at Eden – new ideas, new dishes, new tastes, local, seasonal and straight out of the oven.
Eden Kitchen between the Biomes
Throughout the day our chefs are busy creating mouthwatering dishes right in front of your eyes in our Kitchen. Our chefs love to share their dishes and the inspiration behind them, so feel free to chat with them while they work.
- Breakfast, from 10am: create your own breakfast or brunch with our freshly baked artisan bread, boiled eggs, pastries, croissants and mueslis.
- Lunch, from about 12pm:
- chef’s soup of the day, served with Eden-baked bread and butter
- Cornish smoked fish tart with Cornish Gouda, cream, lemon and dill, served with a crisp seasonal salad and potato, watercress with spring onion salad
- mushroom, baby spinach and stilton puff pastry galette, served with a crisp seasonal salad and potato, watercress with spring onion salad
- ratatouille-stuffed butternut squash with rocket, basil and Cornish rapeseed oil, served with a crisp seasonal salad and potato, watercress with spring onion salad
- West Country steak and ale pie, served with creamy mashed potatoes, seasonal roasted vegetablesand a rich red wine gravy
- chicken and leek pie, served with creamy mashed potatoes, seasonal roasted vegetables and a rich red wine gravy
- butternut squash, mixed bean with mature cheddar cheese pie, served with creamy mashed potatoes, seasonal roasted vegetables and with a roasted red pepper, tomato and parsley sauce
- kids lunchboxes with a range of tasty treats.
- Afternoon tea, from 2.30pm until close: stunning homemade cakes, fruit loaves, cream teas and cookies.
Enjoy a delicious alfresco-style evening dinner in our Mediterranean Biome. Our fully waitered table service means you can sit back and relax amongst the olive trees, herbs and Mediterranean flowers while we do all the work. Please book online.
Our new delicious menu includes:
- Mixed Olive Selection (V)
- Tomato, Garlic & Rosemary Focaccia (v) accompanied with Cornish rape seed oil & balsamic vinegar
- Eden’s Antipasti (V): Marinated artichokes, stuffed vine leaves, stuffed peppers, balsamic onion. Sun-dried tomatoes, marinated olives and Eden-baked focaccia
- Cornish Antipasti: Coppa ham, chorizo, Cornish crumbly sweet-roasted peppers, sun-dried tomatoes, marinated olives, Cornish rapeseed oil with balsamic vinegar and Eden-baked focaccia
- Chargrilled langoustines: Cornish Pastis, fennel and chilli aioli
- Fritto calamari In a crisp Cornish Korev beer batter with Salsa Verdi
- Vegetable fritto misto in a crisp Cornish Korev beer batter with garlic aioli
- Baked Helford camembert with vermouth served with thyme and focaccia toast
- Pasta penné coated in a fresh tomato sauce
- Authentic Spanish paella: a traditional saffron infused paella with chorizo, chicken, prawns, Fowey mussels served with Eden-baked focaccia
- Pizza margherita: mozzarella, beef tomato, & fresh basil pesto
- Authentic Spanish paella: a traditional saffron infused paella with chorizo, chicken, prawns, Fowey mussels and langoustines served with Eden-baked focaccia
- Griddled sardines with a mint, shallot, lemon and chilli dressing, and Eden-baked focaccia
- Crab, lobster and prawn tortelloni bianco neri: filled pasta served with a fragrant sage beurre noisette
- Pork and beef girasole amatriciana: filled pasta served with a smoked pancetta, tomato and white wine sauce
- Margherita: mozzarella, beef tomato, and fresh basil pesto
- Prosciutto: Cornish Coppa ham, beef tomato, mozzarella, basil and Parmigiano reggiano
- Polpette: beef meatball, Cornish pancetta, cream and oregano
- Pizza Antipasti: marinated artichokes, sun dried tomatoes, sweet roasted peppers, Cornish crumbly and fresh thyme
- Garlic Sour Dough with garlic butter and mozzarella, or Cornish Crumbly cheese and sweet red onions
- Heritage Tomato Salad: wild rocket, fragrant basil, lemon and Cornish rapeseed oil
- Crisp Green Salad (v): watercress, chicory, cucumber and spring onions, with a mustard, Mediterranean herb and Cornish rapeseed oil dressing
- Italian Vegetable of the Day (v) with olive oil, garlic, balsamic vinegar and sunflower seeds
- Decadent chocolate brownie: brownie, chocolate and vanilla ice cream, chocolate sauce, grated chocolate and whipped cream
- Eden Tiramisu: espresso, mascarpone, savoiardi biscuits, Marsala & chocolate
- Lemon Posset with an Eden baked shortbread
- Affogato: Cornish vanilla ice cream, an Origin espresso shot and whipped cream
- Eden Extraordinary Ice Cream: three scoops of Roskilly’s Cornish ice cream, please ask for today’s flavours.
- Fruits of the Rainforest: coconut and baobab ice cream, mango frozen yoghurt and passion fruit puree
Eden Coffee House in the Visitor Centre
A perfect place to fuel up for your day ahead or to rest before you head home. Open all day for:
Freshly filled baguettes:
- Cornish Gouda, chutney and rocket
- spicy chicken, mango chutney, rocket and coriander
- houmous, veg and sweet chilli sauce
- Cornish blue cheese, honey, walnut and rocket
- Cornish ham with piccalilli (LF)
Eden Extra-ordinary Pasties:
- classic steak pasty with Eden black pepper mustard sauce
- minted lamb Pasty with Eden mango and panela chutney
- spicy three bean pasty with Eden hummingbird sweet chillI sauce
- three cheese pasty with Eden ale chutney
Selection of cakes and sweet treats
Link canopy between Biomes: Eden Extra-ordinary Pasties
- Classic steak pasty with Eden black pepper mustard sauce
- Minted lamb Pasty with Eden mango and panela chutney
- Spicy three bean pasty with Eden hummingbird sweet chillI sauce
- Three cheese pasty with Eden ale chutney
As you make your way around the rainforest, enjoy a baobab smoothie or mineral water at the Baobab Smoothie Bar.
Please ask a member of our team if you have specific dietary requirements - we'll always do our best to help.