Food and drink
You'll find fabulous places to eat and drink at Eden. We use local, seasonal or fairly traded products wherever we can.
Our cafes and restaurants, which all have a distinct flavour and stories to tell, offer a great range of fresh, healthy food. We also cater for all tastes: vegetarian, vegan, carnivore, gluten-free (if you have a specific requirement or allergy, please tell a member of staff).
Places to eat and drink
Join us at the start of our new food adventure at Eden – new ideas, new dishes, new tastes, local, seasonal and straight out of the oven.
The Eden Bakery between the Biomes (V G)*
Our Bakery brings to life the world of baking. Throughout the day our bakers are busy creating mouthwatering dishes right in front of your eyes.
Every day is different, but you'll always find a fine selection including handmade pastries in the morning, fresh savoury dishes at lunchtime and amazing cakes and scones in the afternoon.
- Breakfast, from 10am: create your own breakfast or brunch with our freshly baked artisan bread, boiled eggs, pastries, croissants and mueslis.
- Lunch, from about 12: frittatas, bruschettas, tarts, savoury danishes, salads, soups and stews – all made with seasonal ingredients, so every day is different.
- Afternoon tea, from 2.30 until close: homemade cakes, meringues, fruit loaves, cream teas, cookies and flapjacks.
Our bakers love to share their dishes and the inspiration behind them, so feel free to chat with them while they work.
- Pick up a tasty pasty, and wash it down with a filter coffee, tea or lemonade.
Mediterranean Cafe (V)**
- Eat delicious Mediterranean food alfresco-style in our Mediterranean Biome. You can enjoy coffee and danish pastries in the morning, and stews, wine and tapas from midday. Throughout the day we also serve homemade lemonade.
- A lot of the recipes for the dishes served in the med can be found on our blog, including our seasonal stews.
- Open on weekends only from now til 6 January 2013 (plus Fridays from 23 November 2012 til 4 January 2013).
Rainforest Biome (V G)*
- As you make your way around the rainforest enjoy a Baobab smoothie or mineral water.
Eden Deli in the Core
- Offering a new range of freshly filled premium baguettes and deli platters, and hot and cold drinks.
- Open on weekends only from now til 6 January 2013.
Eden Coffee House in the Visitor Centre (V)**
- Available throughout the day, the Eden Coffee House serves delicious coffee and tea, as well as snacks. A perfect place to fuel up for your day ahead or to rest before you head home.
*V G: Vegetarian and gluten-free options are available in these areas.
**V: Vegetarian options available in this area.