Food and drink
You'll find fabulous places to eat and drink at Eden. We use local, seasonal or fairly traded products wherever we can.
From plant to plate: our sourcing policy means that the food we serve in our cafes reflects the stories we tell in our exhibits. It is responsibly sourced, fairly traded, single-source, organic, seasonal and/or local and freshly made, often in front your eyes. 80% of our catering food and drink suppliers are from the South West.
We cater for vegetarians, vegans, meat-eaters, gluten-free diets (if you have a specific requirement or allergy, please tell a member of staff).
Don't forget to check out our trail of Eden where you meet plants you eat (PDF).
Places to eat and drink
Join us on our new food adventure at Eden – new ideas, new dishes, new tastes, local, seasonal and straight out of the oven.
Eden Kitchen between the Biomes
Throughout the day our chefs are busy creating mouthwatering dishes right in front of your eyes in our Kitchen. Our chefs love to share their dishes and the inspiration behind them, so feel free to chat with them while they work.
- Lunch, from about 12pm:
- chef’s soup of the day, served with Eden-baked bread and butter (gluten-free on request)
- Eden steak and ale pie (gluten-free on request)
- Eden chicken and wild mushroom pie
- Eden mixed bean and cheddar pie (gluten-free on request)
- Cornish ploughman's (gluten-free on request)
- coq au vin (gluten-free on request)
- butternut squash stuffed with ratatouille
- kids lunchboxes with a range of tasty treats.
- Afternoon tea, from 2.30pm until close: stunning homemade cakes, fruit loaves, cream teas and cookies.
Mediterranean menu in the Eden Kitchen
Try our delicious Mediterranean menu in our Kitchen between the Biomes. On 6, 12 and 13 November 2014, this menu will be available alfresco-style inside our Mediterranean Biome. See the menu below, or download as a PDF here.
- Mixed olive selection (V): £4
- Tomato and garlic focaccia (v) accompanied with Cornish rapeseed oil and balsamic vinegar: £3.50
- Fillet of char-grilled Cornish Mackerel with a sun-dried tomato pesto, watercress, Cornish rapeseed oil and balsamic reduction: £4.50
- Fritto calamari In a crisp Cornish Korev beer batter with chilli aioli: £5.75
- Fritto Misto Verdure (Mediterranean vegetables in a crisp Korev lager batter with garlic aioli): £5.00
- Baked Helford camembert with garlic and thyme, and served with focaccia toasts, crisp apple and vegetables: £11
- Eden’s antipasti (V): marinated artichokes, stuffed vine leaves, stuffed peppers, balsamic onion, sun-dried tomatoes, marinated olives and Eden-baked focaccia: £11.50
- Cornish antipasti: Coppa ham, chorizo, Cornish crumbly, sweet-roasted peppers, sun-dried tomatoes, marinated olives and Eden-baked focaccia: £10.50
- Pasta penné coated in a fresh tomato sauce: £4.50
- Authentic Spanish paella: a traditional saffron infused paella with chorizo, chicken, prawns, Fowey mussels served with Eden-baked focaccia: £5.50
- Pizza margherita: mozzarella, tomato, and fresh basil pesto: £5.50
- Authentic Spanish paella: chorizo, chicken, langoustines, Fowey mussels and clams served with Eden-baked focaccia: £9.50 (gluten-free on request)
- Griddled sardines with a mint, shallot, lemon and chilli dressing, and Eden-baked focaccia: £8.50
- Greek Salad: juicy sun-ripened heritage tomatoes, Cornish crumbly, cucumber, red onion, olives, fresh mint and lemon with a Cornish rapeseed oil: £7.50
- Spinach and ricotta tortelloni: a filled pasta served with a fragrant sage and lemon butter finished with toasted pine nuts and shaved Parmigiano Reggiano: £9
- Prawn tortelloni: a filled pasta served with a rosa vodka sauce, tomatoes, chilli, parsley and cream: £9.50
- Margherita: mozzarella, tomato, and fresh basil oil: £8.50
- Prosciutto: Cornish Coppa ham, tomato, mozzarella, basil and Parmigiano reggiano: £9
- Polpette: beef meatball, Cornish pancetta, cream and oregano: £9.50
- Pizza Antipasti: marinated artichokes, sun-dried tomatoes, sweet roasted peppers, Cornish crumbly and thyme: £9 (gluten-free on request)
Pizzas are available gluten-free on request.
- Garlic ciabatta (£3.50) with garlic butter and mozzarella (£1), or Cornish crumbly cheese and sweet red onions (£1.50)
- Heritage tomato salad: wild rocket, fragrant basil, lemon and Cornish rapeseed oil: £4
- Crisp green salad (v): watercress, chicory, cucumber and spring onions, with a mustard, Mediterranean herb and Cornish rapeseed oil dressing: £3.50
- Panela crème brulee with an espresso shortbread: £5
- Zesty Limoncello fool accompanied with fresh local raspberries: £4.50
- Baobab Panna cotta with a refreshing minted peach compote: £5
- Affogato: Cornish vanilla ice cream, an Origin espresso shot and amaretti crumbs: £4.50
- Eden Extraordinary Ice Cream: three scoops of Eden's very own ice cream, made with Colombian rainforest panela: £4. Please ask for today’s flavours.
Enjoy these delicious thirst-quenching super-juices from our bar near the entrance to the Mediterranean Biome:
- Boost: beetroot, ginger, apple and carrot
- De-stress: orange, sweet potato and apple
- Hydrate: strawberry, grape, watermelon and apple
- Revitalise: spinach, kiwi, ginger, apple and lemon
- Detox: pear, fennel, carrot and lemon
Eden Coffee House in the Visitor Centre
A perfect place to fuel up for your day ahead or to rest before you head home. Open for breakfast until 11am serving muesli, toast, bacon sandwiches and a selection of danish pastries.
Open all day for:
Freshly filled baguettes:
- Cornish Gouda, chutney and rocket
- spicy chicken, mango chutney, rocket and coriander
- houmous, veg and sweet chilli sauce
- Cornish blue cheese, honey, walnut and rocket
- Cornish ham with piccalilli (LF)
Eden Extra-ordinary Pasties:
- classic steak pasty
- spicy three bean pasty
- three cheese pasty
Selection of cakes and sweet treats
Link canopy between Biomes: Eden Extra-ordinary Pasties
- Classic steak pasty
- Spicy three bean pasty
- Three cheese pasty
As you make your way around the rainforest, enjoy a baobab smoothie, baobab rum cocktail or mineral water at the Rum and Baobab Smoothie Bar.
Please ask a member of our team if you have specific dietary requirements - we'll always do our best to help.