Eden Classic sportive cycling event
- Sunday 13 May 2018
- Three routes: 35 miles, 62 miles and 100 miles
- Free entry to Eden for friends and family of riders
- Registration opens on 1 December 2017
The Eden Classic sportive is a mass-participation cycle ride with three route options, ranging from a short yet challenging ride of 35 miles, to a middle distance of 62 miles, and a long ride for the experienced sportive rider of 100 miles.
BMX freestyler Matti Hemmings
Watch Matti's dizzying tricks.Play video
Preview of the Eden Classic
See some of the beautiful coastal course in this video.Play video
Well done to all those that completed the 2017 Eden Classic!
Next year's Classic will take place on Sunday 13 May 2018.
Riders have the unique chance to pedal the length of Eden, past our world-famous Rainforest and Mediterranean Biomes as they start their challenging journey.
They then ascend steep hairpin bends before taking a choice of three routes along some of the most stunning coastal roads in the world and then finishing back in the heart of Eden. The longest route features 2,433 metres of climbing!
“Spectacular scenery, lovely variety, fabulous hills, superb signage.”
Eden Classic rider
Free Eden entry for family and friends
Eden will be open free of charge over the weekend to friends and family of all those taking part in the sportive – simply tell the Eden ticketing staff which rider you're here to support.
About the 2017 routes
All routes make the most of the undulating south coast and all riders pass through picturesque villages and coastal beauty spots, whichever route they choose, going through spots such as Carlyon Bay, Charlestown, Pentewan, Mevagissey and Caerhays Bay.
Entrants get exclusive access to ride though the centre of our site (usually closed to traffic) before reaching the start point opposite the Rainforest Biome. Once riders are released over the timing mat at the start, all face a muscle-stretching climb out of the site and up the hairpin bends before continuing their ride in earnest.
“Excellent route and feed station (Heligan). Surreal experience cycling down and up past the Biomes - unlike any other sportive.”
Eden Classic rider
What's included for every rider
Every rider will benefit from the following:
- pre-cycle breakfast, with muesli, porridge and bananas to fuel your ride ahead
- free entry for friends and family to the Eden Project on the weekend of the event
- free entry for friends and family to the Lost Gardens of Heligan on the day of the event
- delicious food and refreshment at stations along the route at some iconic locations
- a well-deserved pasty following the event
- a bespoke medal (guaranteed for pre-registered riders only)