Visiting with kids
If you're visiting as a family, you'll receive a warm welcome at Eden. We cater for kids of all ages with high-quality facilities and a visitor experience designed to entertain and educate throughout the year.
Tips for parents
Preparing for your visit
- Clothing and footwear: it’s a good idea for kids (especially babies) to wear layers of clothing so that they can be easily adjusted to suit the temperature. It might be much warmer in our Rainforest Biome than it is outside! Wear comfortable shoes and bring waterproofs if it's raining - there's plenty to explore outside.
- Sunburn: bring sun cream for children as there is a risk of sunburn, even inside the Rainforest and Mediterranean Biomes.
- Water: although there is a water fountain in the Rainforest Biome, you could also bring your own water because walking in the humid jungle can be thirsty work.
"We love coming to Eden with our two-year-old. She thoroughly enjoyed the storytelling this afternoon and munching on the goodies in the kid's lunchbox from the cafe."
“You gasp at the noises of nature, the singing birds, the sticky air and the authenticity of the forest environment”
When you're at Eden
- Transport around the site:
- Please note that our park-and-ride buses and Land Train are not currently running.
- The whole site is buggy-friendly.
- Our Accessibility Guide has useful information on things like gradients, lifts and accessibile toilets.
- Please note that scooters, skateboards and roller skates are not permitted on site.
- Food and drink: we offer a range of tasty and healthy food, as well as sweet treats, that kids love. In 2016 we topped the Soil Association's Out To Lunch league table of visitor attractions, which aimed to find the best attraction for freshly prepared, healthy and sustainable food. We try to cater for special dietary requirements, including vegetarians, vegans and gluten-free - please ask a member of staff for help choosing what to eat.
- Please bring your own refillable water bottle to help us cut down on the use of plastics.
- Baby/toddler facilities: all toilet buildings have unisex baby changing facilities. All our catering outlets have high chairs and microwaves. If you need to warm a bottle for your baby just ask a member of the team. While we welcome breastfeeding across the site, if you wish to have a private and quiet space, please speak to a team member who can find you the best location on the day. This can be found on the Link Bridge (the raised walkway in the building in between the Biomes, near the information desk).
- Toilets: we’ve got 245 toilets on site! Not only do they flush with harvested rainwater, they have won several national Loo of the Year Awards.
- First aid: we have a team of first aiders and paramedics. If you need any medical assistance, please find a member of Eden staff and they will be happy to help.
- Shops: our shops feature an excellent range of sustainable toys, games, gadgets, gizmos and educational stuff for kids.
- Soft play areas: please note that these are currently closed.
We love this useful Day Out With The Kids blog full of tips for visiting with kids.
Questions about family visits
"My five-year-old year old loved absolutely everything. And I mean everything!"
"Excellent facilities for babies, thank you. Made our day much easier. I wish more places were like this!"