Eden Project Changemakers
- January – June 2021
- Online CPD
- Leading change for sustainability in your school
Our brand new online Sustainable Early Leadership CPD, starting on 27 January 2021, is designed to bring early-career teachers into a school leadership role to sustain their school community, themselves and the planet.
Inspire and grow emergent school leaders
- Are you a teacher searching for inspiration, partners, tools and skills to lead positive change for people and planet in your school?
- Do you want to align your school’s mission with Eden’s core principles of sustainability, transformation, connection and commonality?
- Are you looking for quality CPD that offers a valuable return on investment to the whole school and wider community as well as the individual?
Taking inspiration from Eden founder Tim Smit, and other experts in the field of leadership, this brand new programme primes early-career teachers (NQT +1, 2 or 3) for an early school leadership role, helping to sustain their school community, themselves and the planet. Open to all with a focus on those early in their leadership journey.
Right now, the world doesn’t just need its next great leaders. It needs its next great changemakers.
For participants – leadership skills for creating and leading change in schools, set within a sustainability context.
For your school – development of staff capacity and a practical toolkit to shape a sustainable school where actions reflect your values.
For your community – identify and activate new connections and networks so you can build relationships, support colleagues and inspire learners.
An immersive learning journey
The programme takes individuals on an online immersive learning journey through which you will gain clarity over purpose, explore uncertainty and complexity, and understand your personal agency in a rapidly changing world.
With limited places, Changemakers guarantees a personalised experience which includes:
- A core syllabus of leadership development and three level impact – Self, Community and Planet
- Four half-day interactive video sessions in spring and summer terms 2021
- Coaching with an award-winning global leadership and innovation coach
- Half-termly meaningful input and well-paced, rewarding assignments
- Inspirational guest speakers from the Eden Team and respected thought-leaders from around the world
- A cumulative toolkit of leadership and sustainability resources that builds over the course of your participation
- Compatible contributing evidence towards eco-schools award
- Optional external certified accreditation
- Discounted entry to the Eden Project
Take a peek at the programme:
Session 1: The need for Change – our changing world and the role of schools and teachers in shaping a positive future
Session 2: Proven models for Change – building a toolkit of models for understanding sustainability, and for leading change
Session 3: Grab the Change – gathering inspiration from education and environmental innovators around the world
Session 4: You are a Changemaker! Bringing values, purpose and practice together to apply what you’ve learned
About your Changemaker Mentors
Meet the inspiring individuals who'll be leading you on this journey:
Sam Kendall, innovative leader of school programmes at the Eden Project
Dates and times
The course takes place online on the following dates in 2021: 27 January; 17 March; 21 April; 30 June (1-4pm GMT).
Places are £540 per person, which includes the full array of training, coaching, resources and toolkit listed above.
Please use our online form to ask us any questions or to register your interest.