- Largest indoor rainforest in the world
- Over 1,000 varieties of plant
- Allow 1.5 hours to see everything
- Temperature: 18–35°C (wear clothing suitable for hot weather)
Feel the tropical heat in our stunning Rainforest Biome and experience four of the world's rainforest environments: Tropical Islands, Southeast Asia, West Africa and Tropical South America.
With the awe-inspiring domes and enormous trees towering above you, you'll follow the path deep into our vast indoor jungle and find surprises around every corner.
'It’s like stepping into a different world... it’s fantastically well done.'
Top things to see
- The Canopy Walkway, where you can take a stunning walk among the treetops along our Rope Bridge and through the swirling vapours of our Cloud Bridge.
- The beautiful and unique architecture of the Biome.
- The Waterfall, crashing through our South American rainforest.
- The African totem sculpture made from timbers recycled from Falmouth Docks.
- Bananas - spot bunches of them high up in the trees.
- Cacao trees growing everyone's favourite beans that are used to make chocolate!
- Our Oil Palm exhibit, which explores how the most widely consumed oil in the world can be produced more sustainably.
- The lovely roul-roul partridges and Sulawesi white-eye birds.