Teacher training for outdoor learning
- Ideal for INSET or CPD
- Suitable for primary schools
- Focus on outdoor learning
- Takes place at the Eden Project or in your school
Flexible teacher training designed to help teachers make best use of the outdoor classroom and get your pupils outside more for learning and play. Come to us at the Eden Project with your team, or we can come to your school.
Teacher training at Eden or in your school
Led by experienced members of Eden’s education team, and tailored specifically to your needs, we aim for a thought provoking and inspiring session that will demonstrate how your school grounds are brimming with potential for outdoor learning.
Our methods are playful, linking closely to the curriculum to achieve an enquiry-based and challenge-led approach to the core subjects. We balance time spent outdoors sharing practical ideas with a strong theoretical foundation based upon current research.
Our aim is to leave you with pockets full of ideas and ‘ready to go’ activities, and with new confidence for planning your own curriculum linked sessions and events.
'The day has massively inspired me to incorporate outdoor learning in the whole curriculum.
Teacher, Parc Eglos
What's our teacher training like?
- Creative and fun. You will be out and about, exploring fresh ideas to enhance your curriculum and make the most of your outdoor spaces.
- Empowering and practical. Our sessions balance time exploring activities and ideas , alongside theoretical discussion. We can help you to meet your targets, build a ‘whole school’ ambition and get things like health and safety right.
- Tailored to your needs and grounds - whether it takes the form of a full day or a series of twilights, whether it's cross-curricular or subject focused.
What you'll get out of it:
- Understand the benefits and power of outdoor learning and play.
- Explore the potential of your school grounds.
- Experience a variety of practical, creative and playful ideas – building a bank of ideas and activities for you to use straight away.
- Build tools and confidence to develop your own outdoor sessions.
- Consider the balance of risk and opportunities – and look at ways of managing risk in the outdoor classroom.
- Participate in this 'Primary Classroom Outside' training at the Eden Project or in your school.
- Choose from a one-day workshop or a series of three twilights – each focusing on one of the core subjects
- We can also provide ongoing support planning sessions, staff meetings or future events.
Costs are from £575 + VAT for a full day’s training for up to 20 people; £275 + VAT for a twilight session. To book or find out more please contact us on email@example.com or 01726 811913.