What are cookies?
This policy covers the whole range of Eden Project websites, which includes our main and subsidiary information sites, our webshop, our online advance ticketing site and our hotel/short breaks booking site.
Our cookies help us to:
- make our websites work as you'd expect
- remember some settings and/or shopping basket contents during and between visits
- allow you to share pages with social networks like Facebook or Twitter
- personalise our sites to you to help you get what you need faster
- monitor performance and help us to continuously improve our websites for you.
- collect any personally identifiable information (without your express permission)
- collect any sensitive information (without your express permission)
- pass personally identifiable data to third parties.
Types of cookies we use
Our own cookies
- making our shopping basket and checkout work
- checking if you are logged in or not
- remembering if you have accepted our terms and conditions
- allowing you to add comments to our site
- tailoring content to your needs.
There is no way to prevent these cookies being set other than to not use our site.
Third party functions
Social website cookies
We have included sharing buttons on our websites so that you can easily ’Like’ or share our content on on Facebook, Twitter and other social networks.
Cookies are set by:
- AddThis – this is the third party system we use to provide the sharing functionality.
The privacy implications of this will vary from social network to social network and will depend on the privacy settings you have chosen on these networks.
Anonymous visitor statistics cookies
We use ’analytics software’ to compile visitor statistics, such as how many people have visited our website, what type of technology is being used (eg Mac, Windows PC, mobile device), how long visitors spend on the site, and what pages were viewed. These programs also tell us, on an anonymous basis, how people reached this site (eg from a search engine), whether they have been here before and, for our shop site, which items were purchased.
We use Google Analytics to do our anonymous visitor and ecommerce tracking.
We have a number of partners who promote us on a success-only basis (ie instead of paying for advertising, we pay them commissions on sales). For example, we will pay a commission to a retail recommendation website that refers a customer to our webshop who then buys something. Cookies are required to allow us to reward these partners and these cookies are usually provided by specialist companies (known as affiliate networks).
Neither us, the networks, nor the partner advertising or recommending our services are able to identify you personally. We ask you to support us by allowing these cookies which ultimately help us to offer you the service we do at the price we do.
Our affiliate cookies are provided by Affiliate Future.
Turning cookies off
You can usually switch cookies off by adjusting your browser settings to stop it from accepting cookies. Doing so, however, will likely limit the functionality of our and a large proportion of the world's websites as cookies are a standard part of most modern websites.
If you would prefer not to receive cookies from our websites, please change your browser settings (find out how to do this on the About Cookies website).
Concerns about spyware
It may be that you have concerns around cookies relate to so-called 'spyware'. Rather than switching off cookies in your browser you may find that anti-spyware software achieves the same objective by automatically deleting cookies considered to be invasive.
Below is a list of cookies which could potentially be set by this website
These cookies categories can be controlled via the preference centre which is displayed automatically whenever reconsent is required.
Cookie categories may also be set at any time by adjusting cookie settings here:
Please note that you may have to manually delete cookies which have already been set when changes are made using Cookie Settings; Our system has no way of deleting cookies from your browser - we can only prevent them from being set.