The Eden Project is planning to reopen on 17 May 2021, subject to the latest Government guidance. Timed entry tickets for 17 May onwards are available to pre-book online. Our online shop remains open.

Find out more about studying for a degree at the Eden Project. If you can't see the answer to your question below, please get in touch with us directly via the Cornwall College website. 

How do I apply?

Full-time applications

To begin your journey as a full-time student with us you will need to apply through the Universities and Colleges Admissions Service (UCAS) in the first instance. This website has detailed information about how the application process works and timescales.

Please note: We are different to large universities in that we accept applications at any time throughout the year subject to availability of places (usually the deadline is 15 January via the UCAS service).

Part-time, PGCE or Cert Ed applications

A UCAS application is not required for part-time study or PGCE and Certificate in Education courses.  You can apply using Cornwall College’s online application form or by contacting via email at

How much does the course cost?

You can find out more about current course fees, student loans and bursaries available on the Cornwall College website.

For BA(Hons) Sustainable Festival Management or BA(Hons) Sustainable Tourism Management, visit the Falmouth University website for further details on tuition fees and student funding. 

Are there additional costs associated with studying the degree courses?

Yes, minimal. You are required to wear steel toe capped boots for practical work in the garden and use your own secateurs. You are also required to bring your own lab coat to laboratory sessions. 

There are some printing costs associated with all programmes. On the horticulture and plant science programmes it is between £50-70, and approximately £200 for the garden and landscape design programmes. You are advised of these costs upon enrolment.

Can I apply for the course if I live outside of the UK?

You can check whether you would need a visa to study in the UK using the website

Please note that Cornwall College cannot accept applications from people who require a ‘General student visa (Tier 4)’ or ‘Short-term study visa’.

Who awards the degrees?

Your degree will be awarded by either University of Plymouth, Falmouth University, or Anglia Ruskin University depending on the course you’re studying. 

Is there parking on site?

Yes, there is free parking on site. You are expected to register your vehicle with Eden Project at the start of your study programme.

What is the typical age range of students on courses?

Our students are diverse in both experience and age, and range from 18 to 60+. For mature students and those returning to study after a break in education, we offer additional support to help you to get off on the right foot. 

Would all studying take place on the Eden site?

The majority of our programmes are based at Eden in specialist facilities to support your programme of study. 

Our BA(Hons) Sustainable Tourism Management and BA(Hons) Sustainable Festival Management courses are shared with Falmouth University. In the first year, students are based at the Penryn Campus near Falmouth town, and the second year is taught from Eden. 

Our MSc in Sustainability is a blend of face-to-face residential workshops and online learning. The residential workshops take place in Cambridge, Peterborough and at the Eden Project. 

Is there student accommodation on site?

There isn’t onsite accommodation for students at Eden. However, we have a dedicated HE Accommodation Development Officer based at the Eden campus who can help students find suitable accommodation nearby from a diverse portfolio of properties. To find out more, please get in touch with:

Liz Hellier


Phone: 07500 572 546

Does the part-time option still allow me to work?

Yes. Many of our students work part-time alongside their studies. Some use this to fund the course if they’re not eligible for student loans or additional financial support. Programme Managers welcome students studying part-time and are always happy to discuss the best option considering your circumstances.  

The timetable for our programmes is devised with part-time employment or other commitments in mind, so you shouldn’t be required to attend programmed sessions for more than two days per week. 

How often will I need to be on campus, and how often will I see my tutors?

During term time as a full-time student, you are typically expected to attend classes on three or four days each week. As a part-time student, this equates to one or two days depending on the modules that you are following. The timetable is reviewed each year and Programme Managers can explain more upon enquiry.

You will see your tutors in a variety of different ways, from individual and group tutorials, to student-led seminars, discussion groups, presentations, and formal lectures.

How will I be assessed?

Different courses have different modes of assessment depending on the module and the learning outcomes. This can include portfolios, essays, reports or presentations. 

Some courses also have written, practical, and oral tests or exams.