School Workshop: Fire Carriers
- 2-hour outdoor session at the Eden Project
- Suitable for years 5, 6, 7, 8
- £6.50 per pupil
A hands-on team challenge for schools, encouraging pupils to explore trust and risk through safe fire skills. It focuses on team work, communication and practical skills.
School trips to Eden
Find out why students and teachers enjoy their educational trips to Eden so much!Play video
Survive in the Cornish wilds by learning to work with fire and explore trust and risk. Pupils will learn new skills, safe practices and respect for their surroundings.
What happens: The session takes place in Eden’s Outdoor Garden. Inspired by an original story, children work in teams to build the skills they need to work safely with fire. Each child will make a lamp using only natural materials, and then work together as a team to light a small fire safely. Finally we’ll gather around the campfire whilst listening to the story’s end.
Skills and curriculum links
This Workshop enables pupils to:
- focus on successful teamwork and collaboration
- maintain motivation to see a task through to the end
- use creativity and imagination to solve challenges
- carefully follow instructions to complete a practical task
a facilitated 2-hour outdoor session with our Education Team
full, free access to the Eden site for the day
- all equipment needed to complete your challenge
- a personal welcome from the Education Team on arrival
- a base for your bags in our purpose-built education centre, The Core
- a space to eat your own lunch
- free entry for accompanying adult helpers, whose participation is essential to the success of the day (please note, our maximum adult/pupil ratios are as follows: KS2 and KS3, 1:10)
- a free preparatory visit to Eden for teachers wanting to plan their school trip, which should be booked in advance
- Find out the steps we’ve taken to ensure that all participants on Eden Project school visits are safe, with our covid-secure operating procedures