Visiting Eden this winter
The Eden Project is temporarily closed until further notice. We will post updates on reopening here and on social media. Ticket holders for affected dates will be automatically refunded. We are currently experiencing a very high volume of enquiries, so please refer to our FAQs below.
Visiting with confidence
We've introduced a wide range of new measures to make sure that the safety,* health and wellbeing of all staff and visitors remains top priority. Find out about the places and services at the Eden Project that remain closed for safety reasons.
*Don't forget to bring a face covering.
Time slots for all visitors
To help maintain effective social distancing by staggering entries we’ve introduced timed ticketing slots for all visitors.
Every visitor will need to reserve a time slot for their visit, including those who are admitted for free. We’ll unfortunately have to turn away any visitors who don't book themselves a timed slot in advance, or who arrive outside of their timeslot. The great news is that, once here, you can stay all day.
FAQs about our current closure
When will Eden reopen?
The Eden Project is temporarily closed until further notice. We will post updates on reopening here and on social media.
Is your shop open?
While our onsite shop is temporarily closed, our online shop remains open.
My visit has been cancelled due to the current Eden site closure. How do I get a refund?
If you have tickets for the dates affected by the current temporary closure, your ticket* booking will be automatically refunded.
Please note that we are working through bookings up to 31 January 2021, and refunds may take at least 10 working days to reach the ticket purchaser’s account. We would be grateful if you could avoid trying to contact the Box Office during this period as we are experiencing a high volume of queries. Thank you for your understanding and patience during this challenging time.
*Whilst we are able to refund tickets for ice skating, Father Christmas and paid Admission tickets, we are unable to offer refunds on Locals’ Passes (valid for entry until 31 December 2021) or on Annual Passes (valid for a year from the selected date).
Will you be re-arranging Eden’s Community Days this year?
Due to Eden’s current closure, we are unable to offer Community Days as planned. We hope to be able to review this, but we are unable to offer any replacement dates at this stage.
FAQs about visits this winter
Do I have to book ahead to visit?
Yes, absolutely. To help maintain effective social distancing by staggering entries we’ve introduced timed ticketing slots for all visitors.
All visitors to Eden must now pre-book a time slot in advance of each visit, including Members, Passholders, and those who can visit for free.
Please note that, in line with updated government guidance, you must not visit the Eden Project in a group of more than six people (unless in one household or support bubble, or as part of a booked school/university visit).
Limited, timed tickets are available every day. Book your visit online.
Need to know more? Read our ticketing FAQs.
What safety measures have you put in place?
Your health and safety are our top priority so, as you’d expect, we’ve introduced a few changes.
Here’s our commitment to you:
- We’ve limited guest numbers and introduced timed ticketing so that social distancing can be maintained with confidence.
- We’re following the Covid-19 government safety advice for all guests and staff to achieve the highest standards. We assess guidelines daily.
- We have new operating procedures, cleaning schedules and one-way systems to help manage social distancing.
- We’ve put in protective screens and installed barriers to provide safe separations in areas that need it. You’ll see some staff wearing personal protective equipment so they can work safely.
- We are contactless and cashless.
It’s up to you help keep us safe too:
- Maintain your two-metre social distancing – that's one and a half wheelbarrows, two average garden spades, a cow, a surfboard…
- Ensure that, in line with updated government guidance, you must not visit the Eden Project in a group of more than six people (unless in one household or support bubble, or as part of a booked school/university visit).
- Wear your mask in the appropriate areas.
- Check in to the Eden Project using the NHS COVID-19 contact tracing app.
Keep those hands clean!
Do I need to wear a face covering?
We require that visitors wear face coverings at the Eden Project, in all indoor spaces (except for our catering venues), in line with government guidance. This includes the Visitor Centre, the Core, and the Rainforest and Mediterranean Biomes.
What food options are currently available?
From stone-baked pizza to freshly rolled burritos, sourdough toasties to hearty salad bowls, there’s lots to tickle your tastebuds on our delicious new menu. We've even opened a drinks terrace in our Mediterranean Biome, for that real holiday feeling. Our food and drink options can be enjoyed inside or around the gardens as takeaway options. Find out more about eating at the Eden Project.
Are you accepting cash?
We are not currently accepting cash at the Eden Project.
Is Eden still an accessible attraction?
Find out more about how we are continuing to ensure that our site is accessible during this time, in our updated Accessibility guide.
Can I still bring my dog?
We are continuing to permit dogs in our outdoor spaces at the Eden Project. Find out more about visiting with dogs.
Is everything open at the Eden Project?
We are regularly reviewing Covid-19 government safety advice and adjusting our operations in accordance.
Here is a full list of the places and services that are currently not open to visitors:
- Land Train
- Park and ride service
- Minibeast Mansion play tower
- Core galleries and Core Lab (Invisible Worlds)
- Galleries across site: the Stage, Invisible Worlds, Ocean Exhibit
- Some structures inside the Rainforest: Cool Room; Malaysian House, Baobab Bar; Rainforest Lookout; Orchid House.
- Dog shelter
- Cash machine
- Some cafés including the Core Café and Juice Bar