Virtual school trips
- Whole class live session via your classroom computer and big screen
- Pre-booked at a time convenient to you
- Led by Eden’s Education Team
If your school can’t visit us just yet, how about a live virtual workshop just for your class, led by Eden’s Education Team? Each session provides a combination of live interaction, presentation, task setting and feedback – all delivered from our inspirational site here at the Eden Project.
Curriculum-linked virtual workshops for your class
Enjoy a dose of Eden inspiration for your class wherever you are. Our virtual school trips are delivered online by a member of our Education Team just for your class. We’ll lead the session, delivering live activities, challenges and conversations with your class; supported by pre-recorded videos. We will provide all the resources and materials you need to support your learners in class.
'Fantastic online session this morning with Robbie from the Eden Schools Team as part of our Learning for Sustainability class. Great to be reminded than an individual CAN make a difference!'
King's Park Secondary School, Glasgow
Years 3-4 & 5-6
Find the connection… this session explores the links between us and the rainforest and between the amazing plants and animals in the rainforest. By investigating the connections between plant and product pupils will understand how the rainforest features in our everyday lives, and how we can work together to protect it.
Figure out a ‘best’ packed lunch… for you, other people, planet. This session challenges pupils to choose a ‘best’ packed lunch for trip to Eden. The issues behind their choices are revealed helping them to develop an understanding of simple sustainability principles as a first step towards becoming informed consumers.
Climate change has been described as a ‘wicked problem’ and it’s incredibly challenging for us to know what to do for the best. In this session pupils get the latest on the issues and investigate the different roles and ways of responding. Are you a doer, shopper, learner or shouter?
Eden challenges your pupils to create a product or service that meets our sustainability criteria. We can offer an introduction to kickstart your in-school challenge, or run a multi-session programme exploring sustainable enterprise with pupils presenting their brilliant solutions back to us. Find out more
‘The children absolutely loved it and haven’t stopped talking about it all afternoon. They’ve gone home telling parents how exciting it was and everything they’ve learned.’
Primary teacher, Swindon
- The one-hour workshops are £90 per class.
- Whole class live session via your classroom computer and big screen. We can run the sessions using a videoconferencing package of your choice (e.g. Teams or Zoom) and include a trial run of the technology before your session.
- Sessions include presentation, short tasks for pupils to complete during the session and opportunities for them to feedback and present their work.
- We provide a comprehensive teacher briefing and printable versions of any resources required.
- We take the safety and wellbeing of your pupils and our staff very seriously; your written confirmation will include the relevant section of our Safeguarding Policy for your information. If you have any concerns or questions please contact us.